MENTAL HEALTH | SELF-ESTEEM | LIFE SKILLS
How to Overcome Low Self-Esteem and Achieve Peace of Mind
Self-Esteem is about believing in yourself, valuing yourself, your opinions and giving importance to yourself as an individual.
- It is about how good you feel about what you have achieved in life and accepting the compliments that come your way.
- It is about being aware that you are a good human being and believing that you deserve love and care.
- It is about being aware that you can be accepted by others.
- It is about respecting yourself.
- It is about accepting the fact that you can falter at some point in life which is absolutely fine, as there is nobody who has not done any mistakes.
I lacked all these qualities for a long time. I always felt I was not good enough, will not achieve anything in life, could not accept compliments and always doubted the person’s intentions. Over time, I did come out of these thoughts. I strongly believe that if I respect myself, it reflects in my behavior and my attitude towards life and the people involved in my life, and only then, will people respect me.
You can search throughout the entire universe for someone who is more deserving of your love and affection than you are yourself, and that person is not to be found anywhere. You yourself, as much as anybody in the entire universe, deserve your love and affection. — Gautama Buddha
- Self-esteem is not about singing your own praises, thinking how perfect you are in everything. We all have our flaws and imperfections which we need to embrace.
- It is not about pitying yourself every now and then for small things. One should certainly know about their capabilities.
- It is not about being harsh towards ourselves. We just should be able achieve a balance by being able to accept compliments without being…